- Eligible renovation projects are those undertaken and/or completed between September 1, 2021 until January 4, 2023.
Eligible custom home projects are those undertaken and/or completed between September 1, 2020 until January 4, 2023.
- A project may be entered into multiple categories.
- By entering any category, the company has obtained the necessary client permission to do so.
- While non-members may enter any category or be listed under organizations to acknowledge, only BILD members in good standing will be recognized.
- Award finalists and winners must be BILD members in good standing, as of January 30, 2023.
Only BILD members in good standing will receive recognition as finalists and winners. Awards are presented to the renovator or builder BILD member company. Where other firms are named under Organizations to acknowledge (e.g. architect/technologist, designer), only BILD members will be acknowledged. Accuracy of spelling and information submitted is the responsibility of the submitter.
- “Renovation” refers to residential home (single, semi, townhome, or condominium suite).
- “Custom Home” open to HCRA registered builders only.
$300 + HST = $339.00 per entry. The completion of the online submission process requires credit card payment.
There is no fee required for “Best Overall” categories.
- A minimum of three (3) entries are required for a category to proceed for judging.
- A minimum of three (3) judges per category will be appointed by BILD.
- Judges are renovators, custom home builders from outside the GTA or members of allied associations (NKBA, DDA, ARIDO, OAA)
- Depending on the number of entries, BILD reserves the right to consolidate categories.
- Renovator and Custom Home Builder of the Year is judged on three (3) equally weighted criteria. Total score based on 50% judges score, 50% customer survey score.
- All entries ranked by score.
*Depending on the number of submissions, BILD reserves the right to consolidate categories.
*Acclamation: A single entry within a category can be acclaimed if a minimum score of 85% is awarded by the judging panel.
Please note that any content submitted as part of the nomination may be used in displays, communication or promotional materials by BILD. Entry material may be displayed within the RenoMark feature at BILD Homes Shows. BILD reserves the right to exclude entry submissions from display at any BILD exhibits with NO REFUND for entries not conforming to entry submission criteria or rules and to re-categorize or drop whole categories depending upon the quantity of entries received.
All entry submissions become the property of BILD. BILD does not guarantee return of any entry exhibit materials or images. The submitter is responsible to obtain consent from their client to be in compliance with The Privacy Act pertaining to the promotional use and public display of these digital photograph images. For privacy reasons, people or identifying objects must not appear in any photos. Photo images must not be altered or enhanced in any manner.
To download consent form select here.